With more than 40,000 members, the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) is the nation’s premier membership organization for healthcare finance leaders. HFMA builds and supports coalitions with other healthcare associations and industry groups to achieve consensus on solutions for the challenges the U.S. healthcare system faces today. Working with a broad cross-section of stakeholders, HFMA identifies gaps throughout the healthcare delivery system and bridges them through the establishment and sharing of knowledge and best practices. We help healthcare stakeholders achieve optimal results by creating and providing education, analysis, and practical tools and solutions. Our mission is to lead the financial management of health care.
At the chapter, regional, and national level, HFMA helps healthcare finance professionals meet the challenges of the modern healthcare environment by:
- Providing education, analysis, and guidance.
- Building and supporting coalitions with other healthcare associations to ensure accurate representation of the healthcare finance profession.
- Educating a broad spectrum of key industry decision makers on the intricacies and realities of maintaining fiscally healthy healthcare organizations.
- Working with a broad cross-section of stakeholders to improve the healthcare industry by identifying and bridging gaps in knowledge, best practices, and standards.
HFMA will bring value to the industry as the leading organization for healthcare finance.
Leading the financial management of health care.
Quality is the foundation of the Association and the keystone of its efforts to ensure member and customer satisfaction. HFMA’s objective is to:
- Consistently provide services and products that meet the quality expectations of its members, customers, and employees.
- Actively pursue a program of continuous quality improvement that enables employees and volunteers to do their jobs right the first time.
- Quality is a major, strategic association goal. It lies at the heart of everything done for members and customers. HFMA strives continually to improve the quality of services and products offered, the processes and procedures used to produce them, and the manner in which they are delivered.
We believe that service to members is our highest priority.
- We believe in excellence in all that we do.
- We believe that teamwork is essential in meeting the objectives of HFMA.
- We believe in the importance of individuals.
- We believe in encouraging innovation and creativity.
- We believe in conducting HFMA with financial responsibility and a prudent approach to business.
As a member of the Healthcare Financial Management Association, I will endeavor to promote the highest standards of professional conduct by:
- Practicing honesty and maintaining personal integrity, including avoidance of conflicts of interest with those of my employer or the Healthcare Financial Management Association.
- Striving for the objective and fair presentation of financial information.
- Fostering excellence in healthcare financial management by keeping abreast of pertinent issues.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of privileged information.
- Promoting a greater understanding of financial management issues by others in the healthcare field, and seeking increased public understanding through communication about such issues.
- Seeking to maintain a reasonable balance between the quality and cost of healthcare.
HFMA’s Statement on Diversity
The following is HFMA’s statement on diversity:
The Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) values and respects diversity. Individual differences are viewed as assets that promote the growth and success of HFMA and its members. In principle and in practice, HFMA encourages and supports diverse individual viewpoints and contributions. HFMA believes that a diverse membership is a quality membership.